Thursday, January 29, 2009

And So Begins a New Year!

Well, sort of a new year. Since it is almost February I'm a little behind but thats okay! The holidays were good. Chris and I spent Christmas Day at home together just us. It was nice. We got up that morning and exchanged gifts and went to see Bedtime Stories. It was a really cute movie! That night we went to some friends house and ate dinner and played games. It was a lot of fun. We then got up really early the next morning and headed to Nandad's. There we met Mary, Roy, Meredith, Mike and Matthew along with the extended family. We had a lot of fun just getting to spend time with everyone. We watched movies, played Murder and ate a whole lot! We came home Sunday and worked for three days. Late New Year's Eve we headed to West Texas! We had the Rogers family Christmas on New Year's morning. That weekend turned out to be an adventure with two weddings on the same day! We had a lot of fun with the family though, staying up wayyy to late playing games. Our holidays turned out to be really good.

Since then we have been working away. Chris had a new doctor take over the vet hospital he works at. He really likes him and he is a really nice guy. He has helped us out in ways he doesn't even understand! Chris is also getting more hours so that is helping too. We had to change the alternator in the truck a few weeks ago so his extra hours have turned out to be a huge blessing to help with that! My work continues to be great. I'm doing as much as I can around the office and entertaining myself the rest of the time. I've almost watched every episode of Numb3rs there is.

The last week or so has been a little more difficult. I started having pain in my left side not too long after Christmas and I went to the doctor last week. He wanted me to do a ct scan and so that was done last week as well. I don't know the results of that yet. But I have also had a problem with my tonge the last few years, it has gotten worse over time. My tonge brakes out and swells after I eat some things. So I went to a specialist on Monday and I found out I'm allergic to corn and yeast. (let me tell you how fun that is) So I've taken them out of my diet. I've had to go all organic because just about everything you are use to buying at the store has enriched flour in it and I can't have that. It has something to do with the yeast part. Then any type of corn syrup, corn starch or anything of the sort is out too. Then as you know, yeast is in bread, one of my favorite foods! Stink! But I've found so yeast-free recipes for bread I can try. It has been one big adventure. Our parents have been really supportive in helping us out with ideas and just wanting to be supportive in any way possible. We are also thinking now, after we know the allergies that the pain could be because of the allergies. Since we don't know the result of the scan yet we don't know that for sure but I think it is possible.

Anyways, things are fixing to get going quickly. This weekend we are headed to Dallas to see Mary & Roy. I'm sure we will also get to see Meredith, Mike and Matthew as well. We will be leaving late Friday night after Chris gets off work and spending some good time relaxing. It is much needed since the weekend after I will be running around like a chicken with my head cut off! We have Lynn's shower and I think they are doing something for Cole, but I don't know what. So the following weekend we will be headed to west Texas to showers. We will be home for one weekend and head back the following Wednesday the 18th to have us a wedding!! We are so excited to officially have Lynn as a Rogers!

Things, although a little rough, have been overall, good for us lately. We have struggles that make us rely on each other and I think that will be one of the biggest foundations of our marriage as we get older.

1 comment:

alex.and.beth said...

There is life after yeast and corn allergies, I promise. I have a friend who found out last year that she had the same thing and she eats happy (especially ICE CREAM!) Love you.